Light and nutritious.
Preparation time : 5 minutes. Cooking time : 25 minutes. Serves 6.
¾ teacup moong
2 tablespoons finely chopped paneer
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon asafoetida
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 pinches sugar
¼ teaspoon pepper powder
2 tablespoons ghee salt to taste
How to proceed
1. Soak the moong for a few hours. Add 6 cups of water and cook in a pressure cooker.
2. Blend the cooked moong in a blender. Strain.
3. Heat the ghee and fry the cumin seeds and mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida and moong liquid.
4. Add the lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper and boil for 2 minutes.
5. Add the paneer and cook for 2 minutes