The ever popular tomato soup made in a healthier way.
Preparation time : 5 minutes. Cooking time : 25 minutes. Serves 6.
400 grams chopped tomatoes
½ teacup yellow moong dal
2 teaspoons butter
1 finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon cornflour or plain flour
1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
½ teacup warm milk salt and prepper to taste
How to proceed
1. Boil the tomatoes with the moong dal in 3 to 4 cups of water till cooked.
2. Blend in a blender and strain.
3. Melt the butter, add the onion and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the strained mixture.
5. Mix the cornflour with a little water and pour into the soup. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring ocassionaly.
6. Add the sugar, milk, salt and pepper.
Serve hot with cream and bread croutons.