Gram flour 200gms.
Curd (yogurt) 1 cup
Chopped green chili 1 tbsp.
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp.
Mustard seeds 1 tsp.
Chopped ginger 1 tbsp.
Soda bi-carb 1 tsp.
Chopped green coriander 1 tbsp.
Fresh grated coconut ½ cup
Lemon 1 no.
Oil 2 tbsp.
Salt As per taste
1.Take gram flour in a bowl. Add beaten Yogurt and warm water. Whisk
well to remove all lumps. The mixture should have a thick consistency. Add
salt and cover it and leave it to ferment for 3-4 hours.
2. Make a paste of ginger and green chilies.
3. Add this paste to the fermented mixture. Add turmeric powder and
4. Keep the steamer ready on the flame.
5. Grease a dhokla mold or a shallow cake tin with a little oil. In a small
bowl take one teaspoon of soda bi-carb, 1 teaspoon oil and juice of 1
lemon. Mix well and add this to the Gram flour mixture.
6. Pour the batter into the greased mold and steam for 10-12 minutes.
7. Cool for sometime. Cut into squares and arrange in a serving
8. Heat oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to
crackle, remove and pour over the dhoklas.
9. Serve garnished with chopped green coriander leaves and grated