White urad dal
Crushed black peppercorn
Oil for deep frying
1 Cup1 tsp.
¼ cup1 tsp.
1. Wash and soak urad dal for 6 hours.
2. Grind into a fine paste.
3. Add salt, asafetida, curry leaves, cumin seeds and crushed peppercorns
to the batter and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a Kadhai.
5. Wet your palms and take batter into the palms. Shape into a ball and
make a hole with the thumb in the center like a doughnut. This is now
called a vada.
6. Deep fry the vadas in medium hot oil until golden brown and crisp.
7. Serve hot with Sambhar and Coconut chutney.